First page

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Space Age Bachelor Pad Music

Ok, it is now time to show my music side. It is kinda scary.

It is a very eclectic mix. Mix in the modern sense, a little from the past, a little from the present, a little from the future, and a lot from the obscure.


Forever, (when programming, net surfing, graphics, or folding origami) I have found I work best, no I NEED background music to work. Actually closer to Muzak, Random tunes, not many vocals. In the old days I used to record my vinyl to tape (reel-to-reel, cassette) and mix up the tracks. Then a CD set on random and recorded. Next was CDs to hard-disk and random to Winamp.

Now am streaming net radio stations.

Started out listening to SOMAFM.COM Grove Salad till the FCC fiasco a while back.
Switched to SKY.FM their Chillout and New Age channels.



For a switch about 2 weeks ago I went back to SOMA.FM and played around and came upon Illinois St. Lounge.

This is fun! Makes me smile. My brother and I actually bought some of these albums new when they came out. Perry - Kingsley, Martin Denny, and the Electric Concept Orchestra. Very Go Go, Mirror ball, Polyester Leisure Suit; Makes you smile music.

Don't switch that dial,
Stay tuned for the really scary stuff!
Lights Out !

No comments:

Post a Comment